Monday, November 14, 2005

Writing, writing and more writing

With the election over, I'm going to be focusing more of my writing skills on my fiction. My agent is shopping two potential projects around - a novel and a collection of short stories tentatively titled Red Bank Stories. I have to put my nose to the grindstone and produce, produce, produce!

The Courier is also taking a more "happy-joy" direction. Investigative pieces will still appear from time to time, but not the brain drain, non-stop insanity of this summer. I am thoroughly exhausted and I'm looking forward to some generic meeting coverage and some fluffy-joy pieces, such as the history of the evil Food Circus Clown, for the time being. (Anyone want to go on the record with their childhood nightmares of the infamous clown?)

Give me a month or two to let my brain settle down, then maybe I'll take up looking at some other development projects some tipsters have given me info about.

Until then, I'm going to be a thoroughly boring, non-confrontational Corley hell-bent on landing a book deal.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger Honest Abe said...

Well, don't get too "happy joy"; there are still a lot of subjects out there in need of investigative reporting.
The Clown. What can I say? I never had nightmares as I never had a fear of clowns, but he was and is always an enjoyable landmark to me on 35. At least Mr. A didn't put up a mime!

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Jackie Corley said...

There's definitely enough out there. You must hear a lot of it through the grapevine, working for the county and everything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home