Monday, February 27, 2006

It's so hard to say goodbye...

...but sometimes you have to.

After spending the past 20 months or so employed at The Courier, I've accepted a position as associate producer of NJ.com and SILive.com, both of which are a division of Advance.net, a Newhouse company.

I'm so grateful for the opportunity, and I'm equally grateful for everything I've learned during my time at The Courier. The level of freedom I was afforded at the paper taught me how to think outside the box (hence, this blog) and make the most of the tools available to me (hence, The Courier's web site).

I don't think I would have been able to learn as much or given as many opportunities if I had started at any other weekly publication.

The Courier is a second family to me. I'm going to miss everybody at the paper and $10 says I get a little misty-eyed on my last day. But I'm incredibly excited about the brave new frontier I'm heading out upon.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Blogger Art Gallagher said...

This is sad news for the bayshore Jackie, but great news for you and your future! Congratulations!

Maybe nj.com can do some Monmouth Coverage and give APP some competition.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Tim said...

congrats jackie. make sure you hook up with john schabe at nj.com and bring his jersey side blog to the next level.

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Jackie Corley said...

Will --

Thanks much! I'm certainly going to miss covering the Bayshore, but I won't be going anywhere anytime soon. I'll still keep on top of news and events in the area and offer my own blogging commentary.

Tim --

Thank you! John's blog is quite impressive. I have a lot to learn from the crew at NJ.com. I'm just going to have to try to learn fast.

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Danny said...

Make sure you stop at the Jersey Journal offices on the third floor and say hello.

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Jackie Corley said...

Will do! You're going to have to give me tips on where to park.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Honest Abe said...

Congratulations! Best of luck to you. I hope you keep blogging at this site.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Downtowner said...

the courier has been very fortunate to count jackie as one of its alumni.

i know that whatever she does will be something that will make a difference. best of luck at your new gig.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home