Friday, March 31, 2006

Brilliant move time...

The Mon. Dems didn't bother to file a 4th quarter 2005 ELEC return, according to the APP. (By the by, the 1ST QUARTER 2006 should have been filed March 15.)

Their exec. dir. didn't even know about the missing report.

Don't worry R's, if the D's can't even figure out how to submit a piece of paper on time they're certainly not going to be able to take advantage of this little mess you find your party into now.

EDIT: That sounded rather cranky (or snarky, as the hipsters say), didn't it? That wasn't my intention. I shouldn't post at 6 a.m., 10 minutes after rolling out of bed.

I'm exasperated by the state of both political parties in Monmouth, though I think the R's have a much better chance of pulling the club back together by November than the D's do. You guys have a solid infrastructure, built over decades, and the blogger revolution shows your ability to adapt and find unique means of party support. The D's still haven't figured out how to file paperwork on time, and that's unfortunate because there is a palpable feeling amound Dems that "this is the year."

I'm going to de-fry from Monmouth-area shenanigans for awhile, though I can't imagine I'll be able to refrain from throwing in my two-cents as election time heats up.

Non-reporter status means I'm back in private citizen-ville. I think I enjoyed being entitled to my personal opinions a little too much after 20 long months of having to bite my lip.

It's been a helluva ride, but I think I'm going to enjoy being something other than "that Jackie," "that [former] Courier reporter," or "that opportunistic bitch" for awhile.

I'd like to start a new blog soon, some kind of repository of general commentary and news items about blogging in New Jersey.

And maybe this'll become a place where I can write news-y articles about the Bayshore whenever I get nostalgic (with source documents embeded in the post when they are referenced--that could be interesting). I'm not quite sure yet. I'm just getting a tad restless in terms of my blogging "style" as it were and I want to switch things up.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger Honest Abe said...

"I think I enjoyed being entitled to my personal opinions a little too much after 20 long months of having to bite my lip."

Well, don't disappear entirely.

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Jackie Corley said...

i won't. following the political machines in monmouth is a bit labor intensive.

i didn't get to work on my fiction anywhere near the amount i wanted to when i was reporting and i'm trying to turn that around now. i really want to get my manuscript together in the next couple months and that requires a different focus. the lit world is a completely different beast than the political one, and i must say i've missed it.

a lot of my lit friends my age are on their second or third book so i'm feeling pretty behind the curve here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home