Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Re: Boring Post

My boss filed a police report yesterday in light of the stange events of the past week. I'm not going to go into it too much. I don't know if much will come of it, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

I filed an abuse complaint with gmail regarding my concerns that someone might be trying to impersonate me with the creation of the jcorley2@gmail.com account business. (Gmail ain't a freebie e-mail account, as some of you know. It's one you have to be sent an invite to, so computer spam programs can't randomly generate the accounts. A physical person had to sit down and do it.)

I'm just trying to take every precaution necessary to see that my rights don't get violated any more than they have been.

Please support free speech. What's happening to me and this newspaper shouldn't have to happen to any reporter or news outlet, no matter how much someone doesn't like what we write.

2 Comments:

At 1:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're absolutely on target this shouldn't be happening to any reporter or news outlet. However, this is New Jersey and it happens here more than we'd all like. You are not the only reporter and your boss is not the only publisher/editor who has been targeted by those in positions of power. I've been followed, photographed, had strange things happening to my phone -- in the office and at home, tailed by cops for miles and miles... I could go on (and on.) I complained and moaned but no one would listen. Not the Prosecutor, Attorney General, NJPA, ACLU, NJFOG. Even readers didn't want to hear it. The best you can do with this situation is to not let the intimidations change the manner in which you report or conduct business. Good luck. --mb

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Jackie Corley said...

Yeah, it doesn't surprise me. I'm proud of the work I've been doing. And it's not like I really have anything any elected official or political bigwig can take away from me. The perks of being a po' reporter, I guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home