Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Mystery of Honest Abe

I wanted to post this comment left on my blog by Honest Abe because I thought it was pretty hysterical:
Some of the theories that I've heard are that I'm Fred Niemann, Wally Edge(!), Dan Gallic or Joe DiBella. I even heard that I was you!

I remain anonymous because, in addition to the independence it allows me, it also doesn't identify me with any one part of the county, i. e., Western Monmouth, Bayshore, Coastal, etc. Also I can travel freely at events like Lincoln Day, the Finance Gala or a Federation luncheon or Affiliated dinner. I try to keep my finger on the pulse and my ear to the ground; sometimes it's better when people don't realize they're talking to Honest Abe.

Honest Abe's anonymity makes this blog-o-sphere so much more fun. He provides an interesting and thoughtfully measured voice on Monmouth County politics. I imagine some imitators will be cropping up as his popularity grows but I somehow doubt that they will be more insightful or intelligent than the posts Honest Abe has offered up.

Nevertheless, the more voices, the better. I encourage anyone and everyone to add their unique style to the fray by trying out blog technology. May the best blog get the most hits.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger Honest Abe said...

Did you see that "Right Inside Monmouth Politics" blog? One poster called it a copycat blog. Seemed pretty supportive of Joe DiBella, so maybe it's part of the Howell gang. I put it on my link list.
Don't you wish The Courier covered Howell?

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Jackie Corley said...

That doesn't look like such a bad blog. It's just not updated very often and the blogger seems to be just starting out. S/he could get better with time.

I have to update my index links one of these days.

Don't you wish The Courier covered Howell?

It would be a good time, but I think I would never get any sleep.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Art Gallagher said...

Abe=Serena...that's an interesting theory!

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Art Gallagher said...

But then again, didn't Abe say he was from south of Middletown? That would leave out Serena

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Jackie Corley said...

I don't think Abe is Serena. I personally believe Abe comes from the western part of the county Marlboro, Manalapan, Freehold, etc.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Honest Abe said...

Parts of Holmdel are in fact south of parts of Middletown. But I'm not Serena.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home